Top Reasons For Leaving Your Job
Although our focus is on finding the ideal role, understanding exactly why many career decisions end in a 'resignation' rather than 'retirement' is interesting:
- Other Employees. You know what they say about "one bad apple..." Hiring one wrong person can bring down a cohesive team faster than hiring 5 great staff. After all we, spend more time with our colleagues than we do our husbands, wives or children!
- The Manager. The reasons may vary, they do have a common thread, poor leadership and an inability to mentor and develop.
- Lack of Mutual Loyalty. Commitment goes both ways and requires a real sense of investment and trust from employers to assume employees will stay, in order to secure and attract long term loyalty. Whether it be investment in training or career planning, you will stay in a job much longer if you see a commitment by your employer to keep you... and grow you!
- Bad Fit. Whether it is the Y Generation convinced the company doesn't deserve them or an employer abandoning any effort to be an 'employer of choice' something just doesn't feel right with the job.
- Salary & Benefits. Yes, you need might be attracted by a competitive salary and professional working environment. Surprising to most however is how far this is down the list as a reason for resigning.
Sources (Updated October 2018):
For more Temp Staffing Agency Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >